Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Time Slips By Quickly

It has been too long since I have visited with you.  I apologize for my absence but as anyone who works in the medical field knows the end of the year brings a big push to get things done before the new year and the start of your health insurance deductibles again.  So things have been quite busy at my work.  It has not allowed as much time to create as I would like but I am finally starting to bring my jewelry to where I wanted it to go.
When I first saw wire wrapping I was in love.  I was amazed at these talented and wonderful artists who could take stones and wire and create beautiful jewelry.  I chose my business name to symbolize this wonderful art form.  I am now learning these techniques and here are some examples of my work.

I do not know the names of the stones but that is one of my future goals is to learn more about them.  This stone was wonderful to work with because it had its own glow.


I created the face piece for this out of polymer clay and enhanced the features with paint.  The citrine stone at the bottom came from Magpie Gemstones.  I was so excited when they featured this creation in one of their news letters!

Here are some more examples of wire wrapping pendants I created.

Thank you so much for following my blog and reading about my journey in jewelry making.  I will be back very soon with look into my new displays.  If you have read my blog you know that back in July of last year I had a disaster at a local outdoor festival.  This made me take a closer look at my displays.  I look forward to sharing with you a fairly inexpensive display made with a shoe wrack you can get at your local department store.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you. Leave me a comment below.